We’re coming close to the end! I’ve just had a quick drive around with the landscaper to go and see what trees I would like to use, and what would suite the environment and house itself. I’ve drawn up a basic draft of where I would like the trees and shrubs to be planted, and where all the cobble borderings and paving should go. The landscaper, Mr. C has just completed the drypack stone walls which will act as retainers and planters next to the side boundary walls. So nice to see the variety of colours, tones and textures coming together, after much debate, sample viewing and discussions over the last few months. And the final choices of are really working well together.
The Air-conditioning representative has just discussed the various model options and specs and positioning of the AC unit with us, and although I feel the AC unit will hardly be required as a result of the efficient design, we’re putting one in just for good measure at the clients request. Nevertheless, we have opted for a very energy-efficient model from LG.
The beautiful Oggie Oak Floors are in on first floor level, and the pigmented screed installation is underway.The new steel bracket for the staircase sample has been approved by the engineer and I and I’m glad to finally see something that looks like by technical drawing.The stunning Morso Fireplace has been installed in the corner of the main bedroom, and the Bagged brickwork colour which was chosen at the last visit has been applied . In fact I like it so much I almost want to paint the whole town with it, but lets not get carried away now….
The cupboards are in position and eagerly awaiting their counterparts. The light fittings are 95% installed and waiting to get their first dose of electrical current, the custom profiled skirtings are waiting for the floors to be sealed. We’ve just got about three weeks left before I do my final inspection and snag list and the pressure is on. Generally the builder will test and snag the building first and once he is satisfied, I’ll spend two or so days going snagging every wall, floor junction, detail junctions tiling junctions, taps, toilets, roof screws etc. with the “eagle eye” before I issue the practical completion certificate.
The timber decks are underway and I’ve taken a closer look at the decking levels near the main front entrance and will need to look at some alternative proposals to compensate for the inside to outside garden levels, which we’ve just checked and verified. Below shows the little exercise. In fact for every problem there are countless possible solutions in architecture. It’s a matter of chosing the one which suits best; And the final few options are:
Mr. Z has had me take a look at the gutter samples and we’ve made a suitable profile and colour choice.
Time is ticking and its close to two-thirty now, and Mr J and I need to go to the sanitaryware store to select an alternative drop in wash trough, after having been supplied with the wrong item . Luckily we’ve managed to find a suitable alternative.
Now keep pushing everyone! We’re almost there……
Till next time.